I saw this layout on 2P’s this AM. And it kind of represents a lot of what I learned in Mommy Wars. Well, sorta. It’s just that women don’t want to let themselves “die” while they’re giving life to their kids. So, I started thinking (while doing my makeup, because that’s my main time to think)… what do I “do” not to let myself “die”. Here’s some of my thoughts, and I want to hear yours too!
1) Work. So, I’m not truly a SAHM. I work 8 hours a week as a labor and delivery nurse. I love to chat with my friends, help younger nurses, learn from older ones. Sometimes I even have to take classes with tests and although it’s often more brain power than I can muster… it kind of makes me happy knowing I KNOW something, and they even give me a little card to prove it.
2) Photography. Part of the “mommy me” wants to die every day as I see their little faces and attitudes grow-up. I’d like to capture every moment and savor it. I think Photography at least lest me capture a couple of the moments… a couple of the faces….
3) Scrapbooking. Although this one also goes along with photography I also like the creative side of scrapbooking. Colors that go together to enhance the photo — stuff like that. I don’t believe I’ll dwell on this one, although we all know I could.
4) Cooking. Putting a nice meal in front of the fam gives me a little boost, and I like to think that my kids eat better than your average children. They might not always like it… but it’s what’s available.
5) Reading. I love being taken to another time, place, new people — even if it’s just for 1/2 an hour. I also think that reading as an extra curricular activity is a great example for my kids.
So anyway, I can’t think of much more but I wondered if anyone else had anything that helps them stay alive. It’s a scary world out here mommies… let’s not lose anyone.
Like This Post?
Stay in touch with Pulling Curls by signing up for our newsletter. Get JUST the information you want, sent direct to you!