For some reason, I have the hadest time on Thursdays, every week. I used to think it was because I worked Wendesday, and I'm just tired -- but now I work Tuesdays, so that's no longer my excuse. So, I thought I'd start making lists of things I love on Thursdays. Perhaps a bright moment in an otherwise drab day.
Five Things I Love About Living in the Silicon Valley
(Drew and I never thought we'd stay here more then 3 years, and then it was 5... and now we're going on Year #6....)
1. Where ELSE can you get a world class Fallafel. At work on Tuesday I found out that just minutes from my very own hospital is one of the best fallafel places around. Do you know what Fallafel is? It's a paste of garbonzo beans (and some spices that make it green), then they deep fry it, and then put it in a pita shell along with a lot of vegetables and a yummy sesame seed sauce). Mind you, get the small. One falafel is enough for anyone. And, does anyone know how to spell it?
2. The weather. It's mid seventies today. We've had a couple rainstorms so far, but other then that -- right now I'm remembering why my mortgage payment is so high. :)
3. Airports. Mumzy's coming next week. It'll take like 10 minutes to go and get her. Sa-weet. I just check to see that her flight has landed online, and then I get in my car and go. She's usually coming right out when I'm driving by. Good stuff.
4. Produce stores. It's all grown around here, and it's cheap, and they're sweet to Spencer. We have one right by C's school that's so yummy. It's totally increasing our family's health.
5. Our friends. We never thought we'd have friends here who would turn into family, but they have most definately done that. It's nice to know that there are people here who will back you up in emergencies. Family, in most every sense of the word.