So, here I am in my bitter mood to write a blog.
Hoping to be a tad more positive today. Drew has a football game this afternoon and then we’re gonna go out for pizza at C’s school fundraiser… so I’m hoping the shift out of my regular monotony will be positive.
So, today I’m going to list the little things around my house that I’m thankful for:
1. New light in the boy’s room. We don’t have fixtures in our house (it’s circa 1950’s). Dave Zimbauer (who’s great, if you need a contractor) came in and put a light in the boy’s room. I LOVE IT!!! I mostly love that we can now take their nasty lamp off their dresser (sorry dad — it was his lamp, he’d had it since college, but now it will be heading to the DI).
2. Dishwasher. Need I say more? We did seven years of marraige without one, and I can’t get enough of it now.
3. Washing machine and dryer. I mean, seriously ladies — where would we be if we were still cranking our clothes and washing them on a rock or a washboard. Yikes.
4. DVR. OMG, revolutionized the way I live. LOVE IT!!!!!
5. The Minivan. LOVE clicking on my keychain to open our little vehicle up. So dang fancy. I’m a lucky gal.
Well, there we go, feeling better already. I think I’m off for a walk with a friend. The day is just sunshine and roses as far as the eye can see (note: positive self-talk).
Hey, I was just talking to Michelle when I got my Kraft Food and Family cookbook. It’s free, and you sign-up online. I’ve had a lot of easy recipes come out of it, so I’d recommend signing-up!
Want to find more joy?
Pulling Curls is a blog for the overwhelmed to find more joy. Be it a laugh in something I share or tips for everyday life. Don't miss out!