Breakfast Ideas

My kids are heading to a life of fruit and toast for breakfast every day. I’m at a loss… I need quick, healthy breakfast ideas for our school mornings. What do you guys make that your kids love? I need input here…. you, YOU READING — GET OFF YOUR FINGERS AND TYPE ME A COMMENT! NOW. :)

footer 922 copy
instagram

Comments

Here’s some of Ethan’s breakfast items:
    -instant oatmeal
    -cereal with milk
    -fruit (pear, banana, strawberries, cantaloupe (sp?), peaches, etc)
    -pancakes
    -scrambled eggs
    -toast or french toast
    -ham
    This is all I could think of right off the top of my head. I hope it helps!

Cereal BABY! Oh, and they love toast with cinnamon sugar on it! That’s about all I do that is even remotely quick. Good luck!

Instant oatmeal or scrambled eggs which are both pretty quick…but if it’s a really busy morning it’s cereal. Sorry, not much help!

4. Meagan says

I try to keep a few pre-boiled eggs in the fridge. Shell one or two of those and all done!

5. Miranda says

My kids love pancakes, waffles, and french toast. (so nice to pop in the toaster) Cereal is their favorite though. Trader Joes has whole grain waffles, if you are looking for a healthier option. Ethan loves smoothies, which are really quick with frozen fruit on hand.

We’re not the healthiest eaters in the world, but this is what we do for breakfast in a hurry:
    –cold cereal
    –instant oatmeal
    –toast with jam
    –yogurt
    –poptarts
    –frozen waffles with jam (like it’s toast)

Good luck! :)

Okay, I’m getting off my fat fingers! All Maren eats is tons and tons of dry cheerios. She LOVES them. (and whatever dried up food she finds in her highchair from the night before)

Hey have you seen those Kashi whole grain blueberry waffles at Costco? We bought them and they’re really quite good! Might try those for a very quick and healthy breakfast!

9. eliza says

Growing up we almost never had cold cereal, we were too poor (and there were 6 of us). My mother always made hot cereal ie: cornmeal, cream of wheat, zoom, malt-o-meal, oatmeal and cracked wheat. We had all kinds of toppings from honey to brown sugar and raisins. We also had eggs and toast a lot. Saturdays was ALWAYS home-made pancakes by Dad – a special treat. I know these aren’t quick solutions but at least they are healthy ones.