Pretty impressed with my Safeway run today. Paid 35.00 for 139.03 worth of groceries — a 75% savings . Plus, I have 4 dollars to spend on my next purchase at Safeway (if you add that in, it’s 77% savings — but I digress).
What’d I get for my 35 bucks?
First the mix and match items — buy 10, get 5$ off your order — I did 3 transactions)
- 8 things of Hunts pudding (end up 75 cents each)
- 6 things of Crystal Light (there’s a Bricks coupon out there — maybe google it — for 1.00 off 2). PLUS, when you buy 3 you get 2.00 off your next order. Math looks like this:
- 6 @ 2.00 each = 12.00 – 2 dollars in coupons – 3 dollars from mix and match sale – 2X2 dollars on next order = 3 dollars for 7 cannisters. My kids will be overjoyed, they love this stuff, but I never buy it because it’s so dang expensive — btw, you do need to split these into 2 transactions, to get the 2 coupons on your next order (but you have to buy 3 in order to get the 2$ coupon — confusing, I know)
- 1 Bag of salad (spinach is NOT on the mix and match sale — sorry for the lie) 75 cents
- 6 arrowhead aquapods (there were coupons next to them for 1.00 off 2) math looks like this: 6@ 2.00 each = 12.00 -3 dollars in coupons – 3 dollars from mix and match AND for every 2 you get 2 dollars on your next order, so, minus 6 dollars = free (plus CRV) Pretty sweet, I know. C uses these in his lunch every week — you don’t have to split these up.
- 2 Dr. Pepper (75 cents each after mix and match)
- 4 Huggies Baby Wipes (you can use the 3$ coupon online on these — making money)
- 2 kid’s crest toothpaste (had a b1 get 1 free coupon)
- 1 bag cheetos 1.50
- 2 Pepperoni 1.50 each after mix and match
Other stuff I got:
- 1 bottle olive oil 6.99
- 1 thing of vanilla ice cream 2.50
- 1 bundle of asparagus 1.08
- Bag of pretzles 1.50
- 2 cans of chilis .85 cents/each
- 2 things of sliced swiss cheese 1.99 each
- Whipping cream 2.99
- Parmesean cheese (fancy kind I can’t find at Costco — stupid Costco) 4.00
And there you go. I went to Lucky and only saved 45% (hanging head in shame) but they do have some decent deals:
- Tuna 58 cents, limit two with in-ad coupon *** btw, I just bought a thing of Tuna at Costco — theirs are still 6 oz, and the other tuna manufactures have decreased to 5 oz. Costco’s were 84 cents/can — and it was nice to stock-up. If I could find it for this price in unlimited quantities every now and then it’d be worth it, but I can’t — so the Costco price is pretty decent. This price makes it just about 12 cents/ounce and Costco’s is 14 cents/ounce. FYI.
- Romaine Hearts 1.29 with in-ad coupon limit 2
- Mushrooms 1.79 (not amazing, but we haven’t had some for a bit)
- 10# potatoes 1.79 (fri, sat and sun only)
- Strawberries 1.49 for 1# (sweet deal, Conner will be over-joyed)
- Hormel Natural choice lunch meat 1.99 with in-ad coupon limit 2
- Lunchables 1.00 (necessary for pregnant mom)
So, that’s my grocery game for this week. Lemme know if you have questions. Trying to type this while helping Spencer with his homework.
Like This Post?
Stay in touch with Pulling Curls by signing up for our newsletter. Get JUST the information you want, sent direct to you!