Pretty impressed with my Safeway run today. Paid 35.00 for 139.03 worth of groceries — a 75% savings . Plus, I have 4 dollars to spend on my next purchase at Safeway (if you add that in, it’s 77% savings — but I digress).
What’d I get for my 35 bucks?
First the mix and match items — buy 10, get 5$ off your order — I did 3 transactions)
- 8 things of Hunts pudding (end up 75 cents each)
- 6 things of Crystal Light (there’s a Bricks coupon out there — maybe google it — for 1.00 off 2). PLUS, when you buy 3 you get 2.00 off your next order. Math looks like this:
- 6 @ 2.00 each = 12.00 – 2 dollars in coupons – 3 dollars from mix and match sale – 2X2 dollars on next order = 3 dollars for 7 cannisters. My kids will be overjoyed, they love this stuff, but I never buy it because it’s so dang expensive — btw, you do need to split these into 2 transactions, to get the 2 coupons on your next order (but you have to buy 3 in order to get the 2$ coupon — confusing, I know)
- 1 Bag of salad (spinach is NOT on the mix and match sale — sorry for the lie) 75 cents
- 6 arrowhead aquapods (there were coupons next to them for 1.00 off 2) math looks like this: 6@ 2.00 each = 12.00 -3 dollars in coupons – 3 dollars from mix and match AND for every 2 you get 2 dollars on your next order, so, minus 6 dollars = free (plus CRV) Pretty sweet, I know. C uses these in his lunch every week — you don’t have to split these up.
- 2 Dr. Pepper (75 cents each after mix and match)
- 4 Huggies Baby Wipes (you can use the 3$ coupon online on these — making money)
- 2 kid’s crest toothpaste (had a b1 get 1 free coupon)
- 1 bag cheetos 1.50
- 2 Pepperoni 1.50 each after mix and match
Other stuff I got:
- 1 bottle olive oil 6.99
- 1 thing of vanilla ice cream 2.50
- 1 bundle of asparagus 1.08
- Bag of pretzles 1.50
- 2 cans of chilis .85 cents/each
- 2 things of sliced swiss cheese 1.99 each
- Whipping cream 2.99
- Parmesean cheese (fancy kind I can’t find at Costco — stupid Costco) 4.00
And there you go. I went to Lucky and only saved 45% (hanging head in shame) but they do have some decent deals:
- Tuna 58 cents, limit two with in-ad coupon *** btw, I just bought a thing of Tuna at Costco — theirs are still 6 oz, and the other tuna manufactures have decreased to 5 oz. Costco’s were 84 cents/can — and it was nice to stock-up. If I could find it for this price in unlimited quantities every now and then it’d be worth it, but I can’t — so the Costco price is pretty decent. This price makes it just about 12 cents/ounce and Costco’s is 14 cents/ounce. FYI.
- Romaine Hearts 1.29 with in-ad coupon limit 2
- Mushrooms 1.79 (not amazing, but we haven’t had some for a bit)
- 10# potatoes 1.79 (fri, sat and sun only)
- Strawberries 1.49 for 1# (sweet deal, Conner will be over-joyed)
- Hormel Natural choice lunch meat 1.99 with in-ad coupon limit 2
- Lunchables 1.00 (necessary for pregnant mom)
So, that’s my grocery game for this week. Lemme know if you have questions. Trying to type this while helping Spencer with his homework._______________________________________________________________________
Thanks for visiting pulling curls. Please consider subscribing to my newsletter, circle up on g+, following me on Pinterest or liking me on Facebook.
Something Else That Might Interest You: