First off, a rating of last week’s new dishes:
Broccoli Pie: I’ve made this one before, but somehow I used “cut broccoli” instead of “chopped broccoli” and it was SO yummy. I also cooked it a bit longer. Kids loved it, super easy. Also took it to a friend, and she had nice things to say… who knows if they’re true though.
Italian Sausage Soup: High marks, full of veggies and delicious. Kids (even S, who hates soup) really liked it.
And now onto this week’s meals:
- Easy: Potato Bar
- Casserole: Tuna Casserole (super easy and good, feeding the missionaries tonight)
- Soup: Refried Bean Soup mine’s from Good, Cheap Fast — but here’s a similar recipe. The refried beans give it a nice thickness, that’s so easy!
- Chicken: Chicken Court En Blu — I saw this last week on Martha Stewart, and it made me want it, oh — and we also have some swiss cheese to use-up.
- Mexican: Chicken Enchiladas (throw in a can of chicken, cream of chicken, some sour cream, some salsa to taste and some cheese, throw it in a tortilla with more cheese if you want and WHAMO, it’s dinner — great thing to take to friends who need a casserole)
- Kids: Pizza (the yummy America’s Test Kitchen kind)
- New: Broiled Tilapia Parmesan
I must say now that we have 3 kids going out to eat is just a pipe dream. It’s not easier, it’s painful — so eating at home will have to be the norm for a while. Not that we ate out a lot before, now it’s just not going to happen, except for special events. Having my possible meals listed just makes that SO much easier, and I can choose what I’m in the mood for still.
I’m also working on making my own baby food. Made some sweet potatoes today. I don’t plan on serving her mush for long (currently she’s not much of a fan) but I do want to check some common allergies before I set her lose on the world.
Want to find more joy?
Pulling Curls is a blog for the overwhelmed to find more joy. Be it a laugh in something I share or tips for everyday life. Don't miss out!