First off, a rating of last week’s new dishes:
Broccoli Pie: I’ve made this one before, but somehow I used “cut broccoli” instead of “chopped broccoli” and it was SO yummy. I also cooked it a bit longer. Kids loved it, super easy. Also took it to a friend, and she had nice things to say… who knows if they’re true though.
Italian Sausage Soup: High marks, full of veggies and delicious. Kids (even S, who hates soup) really liked it.
And now onto this week’s meals:
- Easy: Potato Bar
- Casserole: Tuna Casserole (super easy and good, feeding the missionaries tonight)
- Soup: Refried Bean Soup mine’s from Good, Cheap Fast — but here’s a similar recipe. The refried beans give it a nice thickness, that’s so easy!
- Chicken: Chicken Court En Blu — I saw this last week on Martha Stewart, and it made me want it, oh — and we also have some swiss cheese to use-up.
- Mexican: Chicken Enchiladas (throw in a can of chicken, cream of chicken, some sour cream, some salsa to taste and some cheese, throw it in a tortilla with more cheese if you want and WHAMO, it’s dinner — great thing to take to friends who need a casserole)
- Kids: Pizza (the yummy America’s Test Kitchen kind)
- New: Broiled Tilapia Parmesan
I must say now that we have 3 kids going out to eat is just a pipe dream. It’s not easier, it’s painful — so eating at home will have to be the norm for a while. Not that we ate out a lot before, now it’s just not going to happen, except for special events. Having my possible meals listed just makes that SO much easier, and I can choose what I’m in the mood for still.
I’m also working on making my own baby food. Made some sweet potatoes today. I don’t plan on serving her mush for long (currently she’s not much of a fan) but I do want to check some common allergies before I set her lose on the world.
Like This Post?
Stay in touch with Pulling Curls by signing up for our newsletter. Get JUST the information you want, sent direct to you!