Finally, to reveal my resolutions. My friend Maryanne has an “Uberlist” and while I thought this was great, I knew I didn’t have the will in me to think of 110 things to do this year. I decided on 10. They are, in no particular order:
1. 6 visits to the temple (where, I hopefully bring my recommend)
2. Video workouts of more than 30 min/day 3X/wk
3. Self-care each day (I know, this is sad, but I neglect my “outer shell” — this is stuff like flossing, lotionning extremities, etc.)
4. Lose 52 pounds (1 pound/week)
5. Fruit for breakfast, veggies for lunch
6. Eat consciously
7. Read 6 classic novels (any one with thoughts on what I should read, please comment, I’m looking for books that EVERY american should read, or should have read in high school but promptly forgot)
8. Read for Sunday lessons
9. Read 6 church/self improvement books
10. Learn how to deal with conflict without contention
Then, I came-up with a goal for each other “area” of my life, that I can help with.
P: Play a game/read/song for 15 min/day (by next year we’ll be well into lessons by this time)
S: STOP the whining
C: Help with organization
D: Better co-parenting
Friends: Invite one family over/month for dinner/dessert
Work: Remember each patient/Co-worker is a daughter of God
Voila. I hope to revist them mothly, I think I may add them to my sidebar as well…
Want to find more joy?
Pulling Curls is a blog for the overwhelmed to find more joy. Be it a laugh in something I share or tips for everyday life. Don't miss out!