I’m mostly posting this for my facebook peeps who are always like, “HOW DID YOU DO THAT” when I post my grocery savings. It doesn’t fall in a gal’s lap, it takes work… and here’s my current process. It’s refined every now and then.
**On Tuesdays I go through the ads, write down the things that our family buys that are on sale for Lucky, Savemart, and Safeway.
1. Open a internet explorer window with slickd deals current safeway thread. There are other websites out there that make it a little more readable, but slick deals often has the best deals correlated there. I also participate, I don’t think it’s fair if you just take, take, take…. but I do plenty of taking as well. I have a few other websites that post their deal match-ups but it’s often later in the week.
3. From the safeway website you can add Proctor and gamble coupons to your card, and you can also add coupons.com coupons to your card. Open up all those links.
**These sites add coupons onto your safeway card. All you have to do is scan your card, and the coupons come off. Haha, endless clipping, screw you! They can’t be used at Lucky or Savemart, boooooo
4. Go through all the coupons all the 4 sites (cellfire, shortcuts, P&G, and coupons.com). I do this weekly. I add pretty much anything I’d ever buy. You just never know. Some of the sites do have limits to the # of coupons you can use from that site.
5. Bring up printable grocery coupons on http://www.mypoints.com/ (because you also get points for all the coupons you end-up using). Print out any that call to me. I am less likely to print anything on this, and I mostly have my eye on what’s already on sale so I don’t end-up wasting ink. That’s no fun for anyone!
6. While going through all this stuff i’m simultaneously scrolling through slickdeals to find out any great catalina deals or things I might have missed.
So, here’s the BEST way to get GREAT deals
In-store sale + e-coupons (from cellfire, etc.) + paper coupon + catalina ($ off your next order coupons printed at the check stand) = great savings
**The best thing about ecoupons is sometimes there’s a bunch of them out for the sam product, and by loading them onto your card weekly, you’re likely to get a few of them. Here’s an example of how this works:
This week Safeway has cereal/granola bars in a buy 5 save 5 scenario. Included in this are nature valley granola bars for 2.50
Price is 2.50 (buy 5, minus $1) – 1.20 in ecoupons – .40 e coupons = 10 cents MADE by buying them
2.50 – 1 – 1.20 -0.40 = -.10
Of course, I need to buy 5 items on this one, and i won’t make money on all of them, but I have some decent coupons for a lot of them so I’ll probably spend around 2-3 dollars on all 5 items.
Anway, the deals won’t fall in your lap, but I have it down to about a 45 minute process each week, between checking the ads, checking the boards and cutting coupons.
I figure it’s worth my time. Time I mght be eating the delicious cookies I made yesterday instead.
Like This Post?
Stay in touch with Pulling Curls by signing up for our newsletter. Get JUST the information you want, sent direct to you!