Also, if you read my weight loss blog (click to the right) you'll see this week I'm going to count calories at points... just to get fuller picture. And frankly, I just have a ton of spare time. Don't you?
Without further adieu, this week's plan includes:
- BBQ Chicken and Potato Salad -- sounds like a yummy summery meal, doesn't it? Potato Salad is 4 points, but I will most liley use real bacon and increase the point value by 1 or 2... Drew hates turkey bacon)
- Spanish Rice Bake -- I've had this in my "try me" pile for a while... looks tasty, and quick to prepare! 8 points
- Pollock Montreal and Rice Pilaf - is anyone else noticing this is on my list quite a lot? No, we haven' had it, I just think I need to get more excited about fish! 7 points
- Spanish Tortilla -- I can't find dried chorizo, so we'll be using a full-flavor salami. 16 points (and 714 calories!!!!, yipes!)
- Pizza (the Food Nanny recommends having pizza night once a week just because it's fun for kids... there's so many different toppings, I'll plan to just use up something in my fridge!)
- Carbonara Pasta
- Sausage Risotto 8 points (beacuse I'm only using 1/2 the called for sausage)
- Tuna Melts (I have an old pillsbury recipe that combines tuna, mayo, crushed pineapple -- which I need to use-up from my fridge -- , celery and topped with cheese -- they're quick easy and kid-friendly)
BTW, the food nanny drives me to the brink of insanity, but she does have a lot of good ideas for families trying to have good dinner times together, and while health and a balanced diet are really important, so is enjoying the dinner together as a family!