I haven’t been on the bandwagon to fill my blog with thankful thoughts this year. This isn’t to say that I am not thankful, because I am, very much so. Mostly because I’ve done it every other year and after a few years, well… it just seems trite.
I try to make a personal goal each year to be more thankful, and thanking that person in person. Really enjoying and loving them, and hoping they love me to.
Or, things. There are LOTS of things that I am thankful for. I try to keep good care of those things.
I do spend some time talking about all the things we’re thankful for at our house, but I think I spend more time talking about SHOWING we are thankful.
Because, while it is great to say we are thankful, isn’t it more important to SHOW it? Here’s my top 5 ways to show I am thankful.
1. Say it, and add an I love you at the end. Does wonders
2. Give compliments. If you’re thankful your kids are playing nicely… mention it. :D For instance, tonight I was VERY thankful that Drew put P down. I told him so. He loves me now (there is a fair to moderate chance he loved me before).
3. Emulate. I am thankful for all the great food my mom gave me growing up, so I’ve tried to provide her some good food while she’s been here visiting. Tomorrow, I’ll be using most of her recipes for the big day.
4. Try not to find things you’re NOT thankful for, within the greater thing you’re VERY thankful for. This can be hard, but it’s all about the greater good.
5. Pay it forward. There is a woman in the ward who watches P for me every other week while I help out at school. She loves her, she’s right on the way to school, but she has no littles to watch… so instead I watch other people’s kids in a pay it foward type manner.
Anyway, those are my thoughts on this fine thanksgiving. I’m really grateful for my family right now. With my parents here and actually seeing my husband for longer than an hour I am feeling especially blessed. I do love a whole break just to think about what we’re thankful for.
And lest I not forget my great blog readers, I too am thankful you all. You make my day brighter almost each and every day. I appreciate your clicks and your thoughts. I hope you are having a lovely holiday as well. Don’t forget to enter for the 65$ gift card on my review blog!_______________________________________________________________________
Thanks for visiting pulling curls. Please consider subscribing to my newsletter, following me on Pinterest or liking me on Facebook.
Something Else That Might Interest You: