I often talk to moms about this at work. There are so many pros and cons from both areas. I see them...
The con's of having kids spread out:
- I will be in elementary school forever
- I feel like a bipolar mom dealing with tween angst and potty training
- We have toys for all ages, it makes for a LOT of toys
- Sometimes I look at the other moms with kids the same age as P and I don't feel like I really fit in. Sometimes I have too much of the big picture...
- My "career" is getting held off for a LONG time. Not sure what/if I want to do when my kids are all in school, but it's not something I have to worry about in a while.
The pro's of having kids spread out:
- The older ones are SUPER helpful
- Each child has had a TON of one on one time with me, I don't think Spencer felt too slighted when I had P because he was already old enough to have his "own" thing. It's like he had Kindergarten, and I had a baby.
- We have toys of all ages, and sometimes each age enjoys the other age.
- I can relate to moms with kids of a lot of ages.
Sometimes I just want to SCREAM because I feel like I'm going to be a mom of littles forever. Mostly it's the things lately where Conner has those hormones changing who he is, and P deciding to break me on the potty training.
But I know God gave us each child at the point that we needed them. and that's always a good feeling. :)