Tuesdays is my bathroom day. I’m still pretty fired up on Tuesdays. Ready to tackle a moderate amount of work. My Tuesday work does vary quite a bit but here’s the basics:
Weekly Jobs: Clean the bathrooms — I pretty well just use antibacterial wipes for this job. I think they’re just as good as any cleaner I have used in the past. A lot of what’s needing cleaning is my hair so it takes a few of them, but I think they do as good a job as anything else. I usually use the Costco variety, unless I’ve found another variety for cheap.
- C cleans his bathroom, top to bottom it’s all him — and I do inspect, I need this boy to learn how to clean a bathroom (he also changes out the towels in his bathroom)!
- S cleans the guest bathroom, I do the toilet (although he wipes the toilet I don’t yet trust him with toilet cleaner)
Wash: I was towels (handy, so I can just change out the towels while I’m cleaning the bathrooms) and colored clothes (just mine and Drew’s) on Tuesdays
- Clean my tub (with the steamer, unless I’m really tired and then I just wipe it down)
- Clean the mirrors (probably should happen more often, but I’m lazy — if only the antibacterial wipes did a better job at cleaning mirrors — in my defense we have giant mirrors in all our bathrooms and except for about a foot around each sink they look alright)
- Clean out the linen/medicine cabinet
- Clean my shower
- Clean the kids tub
- Clean the guest tub
- Steam the bathroom counters (this week the kids will wipe around the tub in their specified room instead of cleaning their counters)
- Steam the bathroom floors
I somehow calendered these out. I think steaming the counters, the mirrors and the floor happen every 4 weeks each and somehow the other 4 rotate around them. I don’t know, but it works. Thank you astrid (I actually used to use Producteev, which has a handy dandy calendar function where you can see the calendar and your tasks assigned, I wish Astrid had this)! I actually organize the bathrooms with my Wednesday jobs so Tuesdays is all about cleaning.
Princess P loves to get a wipe and help me rub stuff down (I usually just give her a washcloth as I am too cheap to give her a real wipe). I usually have her do the tip of the bathtub in whatever room I’m working in. I don’t really care if she gets it spotless, but any dust can be picked up by her rag).
Tuesdays I also do any mending that needs doing. This is 90% sewing on scout patches (BLECH) or buttons that were missing. I like having a day to just get it done, and I usually just leave the stuff on my sewing cabinet until it needs fixin’.
Anyway, that’s my Tuesday. I sometimes work Tuesdays so this is a job that can be scaled down (not steaming, just wipe down the “area” that I’m assigned) as needs be.
Like This Post?
Stay in touch with Pulling Curls by signing up for our newsletter. Get JUST the information you want, sent direct to you!