I saw this layout on 2P’s this AM. And it kind of represents a lot of what I learned in Mommy Wars. Well, sorta. It’s just that women don’t want to let themselves “die” while they’re giving life to their kids. So, I started thinking (while doing my makeup, because that’s my main time to think)… what do I “do” not to let myself “die”. Here’s some of my thoughts, and I want to hear yours too!
1) Work. So, I’m not truly a SAHM. I work 8 hours a week as a labor and delivery nurse. I love to chat with my friends, help younger nurses, learn from older ones. Sometimes I even have to take classes with tests and although it’s often more brain power than I can muster… it kind of makes me happy knowing I KNOW something, and they even give me a little card to prove it.
2) Photography. Part of the “mommy me” wants to die every day as I see their little faces and attitudes grow-up. I’d like to capture every moment and savor it. I think Photography at least lest me capture a couple of the moments… a couple of the faces….
3) Scrapbooking. Although this one also goes along with photography I also like the creative side of scrapbooking. Colors that go together to enhance the photo — stuff like that. I don’t believe I’ll dwell on this one, although we all know I could. 🙂
4) Cooking. Putting a nice meal in front of the fam gives me a little boost, and I like to think that my kids eat better than your average children. They might not always like it… but it’s what’s available.
5) Reading. I love being taken to another time, place, new people — even if it’s just for 1/2 an hour. I also think that reading as an extra curricular activity is a great example for my kids.
So anyway, I can’t think of much more but I wondered if anyone else had anything that helps them stay alive. It’s a scary world out here mommies… let’s not lose anyone. 🙂