Tuesdays hits my second least favorite spot.
Maybe because the bathroom is almost entirely cleaning, and much less organizing, I’m just not a fan.
BUT, there is something about a clean counter that makes my heart sing. Let me show you how I clean the bathroom.
- Clean the sink (I just use antibacterial wipes most weeks)
- Clean the toilet (toilet cleaner and the ol’ IKEA toilet brush)
That’s about it — there’s no real science to cleaning a bathroom. Although I was inspired by this video, I don’t think my shower needs to be cleaned weekly, so it made it into…
Rotating jobs (Which come up on my to-do list on tick-tick)
- Mirrors — every 4 weeks, probably should be done more often)
- Organize the linen/hall closet (I tend to just take a shelf each time and pull stuff out and re-put back, this also holds all our medications and first aid items, etc) — every 4 weeks
- Steam floors — every 8 weeks (Spencer vacuums them weekly)
- Steam each of the bathrooms tubs (we have 3 bathrooms, which I find excessive, but the way our house is made it’s really the only way — and it is lovely when we have guests). I tend to steam these, but if I’m pressed for time I will just wipe down with an antibacterial wipe. Also, if you steam your shower wear earplugs. It’s loud! — each one gets done every 8 weeks.
- Steam the counters (as with Mondays, there’s something about steaming that gets things extra clean. Horray for extra clean!) — every 8 weeks.
As I type this, I’m kind of embarassed, but my bathrooms are white subway tile. They really look fairly clean most of the time. I was inspired by this cleaning video:
But honestly, full cleans of all 3 bathrooms won’t happen.
Here’s the rest of the day:
- Conner cleans the kids bathroom (mostly just counters and the toilet)
- Spencer cleans the guest bathroom (mostly just counters and wipes down the toilet, I do the inside of the toilet)
** I also follow behind and really make sure they’ve gotten it — I want these boys to KNOW how to clean a bathroom before they leave the home. They will.
- Wash the towels
- Wash the adults colors
- Mending (there’s something liberating about just throwing the shirt you lost the button onto the sewing cabinet and knowing you’ll get to it on Tuesday — I often just sit in front of the TV and mend — I put a LOT of tucks in kids pants, and things like this too).
So that’s it for Tuesdays. It’s not that heavy of a day. I sometimes work Tuesdays so I need to make it manageable to do before or after work.
Looking for ways to organize your bathroom check out my organized home page!
*My hope is that this weekly cleaning schedule might inspire you to make your own. I know my own OCD schedule won’t work for everyone, but I really think that cleaning schedules helps you stay on top of your life without being overwhelmed with all of you have to do. You can read more about weekly cleaning here.
Check out all my other weekly cleaning posts:
And check out ALL my cleaning posts here: