Our family decided to each come up with 5 things we wanted to work on this year. We’re going to review them each week at scripture study and say which one we’ve been doing best and worst on. Here are mine:
1. Read 1 book/month — a continual quest of staying awake for me. I also need to find some books that I’m REALLY interested in, so far that hasn’t happened lately.
2. Go to the temple 6 times — always on my resolutions. I think we only made it 5 times last year. Who’d love some quality time with my kids? 🙂
3. Do something crafty every week — this is a new one, but I think it’s important to do something that’s just for me. Mostly I’m hoping this involves a sewing project or something scrapbooky. I’m not sure this is really DOABLE that it will get done weekly, but I can dream, right? I love reading Be Different Act Normal — and I’d love to do some things to make our house look a little more homey.
4. No yelling — stop laughing. Seriously. NO, STOP LAUGHING. Shoot.
5. Write a compliment note daily — I think one of the things that we can feel best about our own lives is by letting those around us know how much we love them. So far, ti’s the 3rd and I haven’t done a one. I am fired. I need to get in the habit. There’s a good chance this is going on my astrid…. now.
So, those are mine. They’re pretty simple. I also have some workout resolutions which you can read about on that blog, but those are currently more habits then resolutions, and these are things I’d like to become habits. ESPECIALLY NOT YELLING. 🙂
I’d love to hear your resolutions, so here’s a Mr. Linky for you to share them with me and all of blogland. 🙂