In an effort to counteract how awful last Sunday’s (both the actual day AND the entry) entry was, I was determined to find 5 things at church that I really liked today.
I will say, that I think I needed my last week. I needed to know I wasn’t in Kansas anymore, I was going to have to work to make friends. In a weird way I think it was important to sit alone, to feel what that feels like. That being said, today was much better.
1. I like how the YW come in with the RS on Fast Sundays. I long wish we’d have done this back in my old ward. It’s nice to have the girls sitting there realizing RS isn’t that bad. I know far too well how hard a transition that can be between Relief Society (where women over 18 go) and Young Women’s.
2. I like how small this ward is. Really, like 1/4 of our prior ward. I actually recognized people today… just because there isn’t a sea of people “wade” through.
3. The women are friendly. I’ve had a lot of them come up an introduce themselves. I didn’t have much at all of that in my last ward… again, such a sea of people.
4. There’s hardly any annoucements, always leaving lots of time for the lesson. I appreciate that. I remember a few times only having 20 minutes left for my lessons, and routinely only having about a half an hour. The RS teachers have a good 40 minutes. Similar in sacrament meeting.
5. It’s really reverant in the chapel. Again, I think because of pure size, and also the fact that a lot of our past ward couldn’t show up on time so they tended to filter in. This ward doesn’t have 40 million nursery kids either, so that’s nice.
Anyway, today I made the effort to introduce myself to other people and it went pretty well. I found out about local libraries and I think I made a few friends. Happy things.