There are a few things I do DAILY that seem to make my life more organized, of course they’re all on my integral digital plan and in my astrid task list… of course. 🙂
- 10 minute tidy. EVERY day I do a 10 minute tidy. Even when I feel like the scum of the earth I can still pick myself up for 10 minutes and just put stuff away, wipe off dirty surfaces, etc. I’m a huge fan of timers when it comes to house cleaning because I can bring myself to do things for a set amount of time, but if I think “I need to clean this whole house” it’s just overwhelming. Isn’t it? 🙂 Same goes for my husband and kids. Love me a timer.
- Each day I pick a part of the house to organize, I’m going to go into this more, but I once heard that spending your time organizing was smarter than actually cleaning because it will save you time in the future. Can’t agree more.
- I do a load of laundry, or two almost every day. I’m just not the type that can do it all on one day. It’s on set days — you can see it on my google tasks below.
- I do another 5 minute’ish clean on the dining table/kids come home area each day before I pick up. It saves me a world of hurt after I come home and the tornado starts. Preparation is key to not being overwhelmed.
- I really try to do a final 5 minute tidy before bed. Honestly, this doesn’t always happen. Did I mention I’m more of a morning person?
- I try to pick out what to have for dinner in the AM. That just makes the dread of making dinner SO much easier. I don’t make meal plans for each day, I like to keep it more flexible but picking it out in the morning makes it all so much easier.
- I have been emptying the dishwasher in the morning, and making sure it gets done but now I’m leaving that one for the boys a few days a week. Not sure how I’m going to integrate this but i do know being able to load dirty dishes helps keep our small kitchen running smoothly.
Anyway, those are the things I do daily that really help me stay on top of my life. Do you do anything I should add?