There are a few jobs that I have in my astrid that really help remind me to do some things I think are really important:
- Rotate couch cushions. We didn’t do this with our last couch and it makes such a difference in how it wears. I would forget it if it wasn’t in astrid, but since it just happens on my astrid on the same day I vacuum anyway it just gets done and hopefully it will help our new couch look new much longer. 🙂
- Swap out toy bins. I do this about every 3 weeks or so. It split into 2 — but it’s a HUGE deal at our house and it’s like Christmas when it happens. Plus, I get some quality blog reading time after doing it. 🙂
- Spray for bugs around our house. We don’t use terminix but we live in an area that could easily have our house infested with bugs so I have it come up on my astrid to do according to the brand we use. I think I do it every 4 months.
- Fertilize lawn/plants. Same as the bug spraying. I just know my calendar will remind me to do it.
- Food Storage Check. I think it’s so important to know what’s in your food storage, especially the items you rotate through. I do this every 2-3 months now that I have a better handle on it (but initially I was doing it monthly).
Having the astrid remind me to do these things just takes it off my own plate and lets me be a robot following my phone. 🙂