Last week, everything was happiness and roses.
Not so much this week.
I’m not sure I can keep watching.
Here’s the deal, as a woman — you get into a marriage and then you’re kinda stuck. Especially once you have kids. Unless you want to rip apart the marriage, and hence their life as they know it — you subsist.
Now, hopefully you’ve made a good decision. I used to tell my young women you’re “MARRIED FOREVER”… it’s a long time. Make a good decision and then suck it up!
But these ladies, you saw the first wife say if she could get out she would, but she has that daughter and this is her whole life and those are her siblings. Well, it’s just sad. I’m sure she doesn’t always feel like she wants to get out… but it was sad, mostly because we want her to get out too.
But, let me review my favorite facts after being so gosh darn remorse.
1. The layering continues. No, no tank tops this time… but really. If it’s hot outside and you want to cool off — two shirts isn’t the best option. Especially two skin tight ones. Modesty involves fit, not only what it covers, but HOW it covers. Darn polygs, just go put jeans under your skirts like you used to in the good ol’ days.
2. Wife #3 is delivering at a hospital I did some training at in nursing school. I’m wondering which would get more whispering at the nurses station — the lesbian couple I had while we were there, or this couple? Hmmm….
3. I sure hope this show gets the word “freak” in to the national vocabulary. Wouldn’t that be nice. As seen here:
4. I think it’s important to realize that this lifestyles is something they all feel is normal. I think that kind of hit him for me when she freaks out because he kissed someone else. They do have promises made to each other.
5. “It helps to round out our edges.” They say they are purposely doing this to rough out their edges. Should I just go find an HIV patient and smear their blood all over mine — based on that the trial will make me a better person? Maybe it has something to do with the layering…. Maybe it’s hurting brain cells…
6. This was such a re-enactment of the Siblings without Rivalry book. She talks about how it would be if you bring a new spouse into the marriage –comparing it to having a new baby. In this series they’re not only having a new baby… but ALSO a new wife. You just see how your kids feel, somehow it gave me a greater appreciation for my own kids. 🙂 Jealousy is a part of our trials here on earth…
I do appreciate how “real” these women are. I do get the sense they’re ready to “Show it all” and while these episodes did kind of hurt my heart, I’m still glued to it. 🙂