Sleep. Everyone gets it; it spans cultures, races, socio-economic levels. We all get sleep. Problem is, we just don’t get enough. Do we?
Studies have shown that sleep enhances weight loss, improves your ability to concentrate during the day and makes all the aches and pains a little less painful when you get enough ZZzz’s.
Here are my 5 tips to getting enough (and better) sleep:
1. Plan to head to bed an hour before you actually want to go to sleep. My bedtime, usually, is 9 pm. That means I’m asleep by 10 pm. Don’t fool yourself that washing your face, and all your usual bedtime routines take 5 minutes. It takes time to wind down.
2. Pick just the right book. Some books are too scary, some are too intense. The right book will lead you off into a happy slumber. One I have really enjoyed before going to sleep is The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. It makes me lull into slumber knowing tomorrow will be a better, happier day.
4. Take out the devices. I didn’t think I could. I practically wanted my cell phone next to my hand 24/7 but now that it lives in its own little charging area — I do sleep SO much better. Make a charging center; your brain cells will thank you.
5. Get the right pillows. I have a foam pillow that doesn’t collapse much under my head, and another one between my knees. If yours doesn’t work for you — find that one that does. It will help your body keep its proper alignment.
Great sleep is something EXTRA important when you’re on your period. I can’t tell you how grumpy I am when I don’t sleep. Add to that the discomforts of your period and I have a hard time climbing back to my happy place. Your period brings a lot of physiological changes, including needing the best nutrition and sleep to replace what you’re losing.
Stayfree isn’t our mom’s pad from yesteryear that had to hook into that weird belt-contraption. Inspired by high-performance fabrics, Stayfree® Ultra Thin® pads have flexible layers that move with your body and ThermoControl® technology to wick away moisture. So you’ll stay dry and comfortable. Stayfree.® Keep Moving.™ To get $0.50 off any Stayfree® product, including Stayfree® Ultra Thin® pads, visit www.stayfree.com/special.
Enter for a chance to win a $100 Drugstore.com gift card!
Leave a comment below letting me how you pamper yourself for a chance to win a $100 Drugstore.com gift card!
Sweepstakes Condensed Rules:
No duplicate comments. Your household may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique
term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
No Purchase Necessary. This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the 50 U.S./D.C. age 18 or older (19+ in AL & NE). Void elsewhere & where prohibited. Winners will be selected via random drawing, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules, by which entrants are bound, are available here. This Sweepstakes runs from 8/11-9/11.
Be sure to visit the Stayfree brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!
Sweepstakes is sponsored solely by BlogHer. Energizer Personal Care LLC is not a sponsor. Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter.
©2014 Energizer Stayfree and all other trademarks are owned by Energizer.
Bloggers were compensated for creating blog posts in this campaign.