I love it when the news shows review all the good stuff that’s happened in the last year. I love thinking about how the world is so big and so many amazing things have happened. I think the highs for me (news-wise) was the royal wedding. It wasn’t a great time in my life and having that fantasy to think about made me really happy. The low has probably been our political system. I hate that they can’t do their jobs and we’ve hired them. We are all fired.
I think about what was going on in my life last year at this time. I think about all that has happened this year. I know I had resolutions at the beginning of the year, but I’m not sure what they were or if I care…. life gets in the way of goals, and that’s OK, although I’m determined to make some personal goals this year.
The hope that I can be better is a pretty big hope. But it’s what makes the new year so great. The hope that life goes on…. and improves.
Because it does.
Ok, wait — I just realized my resolutions are on the side of my blog… how quaint. Let’s see how I did. 🙂
1. Read one book/month — EPIC FAIL.
2. Go to the temple 6 times — did pretty good on this. Drew and I try to go every 4 months together and separately the other 3 times/year. It seems to work.
3. Do something crafty weekly — HUGE FAIL. Although, I do think I was craftier then I was read-y.
4. No yelling — Giggling…. what’s a word that’s bigger then epic to put in front of fail?
5. Write a compliment note daily — I tried to do pretty good on this. It makes me feel happy when I do it though, I should try to do it more often.
Anyway, a bit of time to mull over my resolutions now. Weight loss is going to be on it though, plan on it.