0 Flares 0 Flares ×
I am really steppin’ out of the box trying to find some new recipes for the family.
- Lamb Chops with Balsamic Reduction Never made lamb before, I enjoy it in restaurants. Probably with a baked potato. (7 points)
- Black Bean Burgers — I know, I’m steppin out on limbs though. (4 points, just for the burger) I am thinking a southwestern mayo on the bun might be called for….
- White Chili (9 points) Sounds SO good, good thing that JAR of alfredo sauce is split between the 12 portions!
- Sausage Risotto with Spinach & Tomatoes — can’t find my actual recipe but this one is similar (15 points -yipes!)
- Salmon Cakes — had these before and they were a huge hit. They’re hearty enough to just have with a salad (11 pts)
- Turkey Pot Pie — Family LOVED this a few months ago, bringing it back for an encore presentation. (6 points, but it’s so good, and needs nothing with it I’ll probably have 2 servings, also when I make it I only use one crust for the top to save calories and I hate gummy bottom crusts)
- Mexican Casserole (as written 14 points, I may shave a couple off using some low fat cheese within the casserole — I HATE low fat cheese on top, but within a casserole I don’t notice a difference)
5 Star Meals from Last Week:
- 3 Herb Drumsticks — really yummy, next time I think I’ll throw on some potatoes and carrots along wtih the tomatoes, all the herbs are really yummy together. Points for just the recipe as written is 5 points
- Creamy Cheese Soup — so thick and yummy. Great when you need a low-cal cheese fix. 6 points
- We have yet to have the Chicken Tamale Casserole, but we’re all excited because we love tamales… hopefully it will be on my 5 star list next week. 8 points as written.
Happy eating and finding variety in your diet!