I am really steppin’ out of the box trying to find some new recipes for the family.
- Lamb Chops with Balsamic Reduction Never made lamb before, I enjoy it in restaurants. Probably with a baked potato. (7 points)
- Black Bean Burgers — I know, I’m steppin out on limbs though. (4 points, just for the burger) I am thinking a southwestern mayo on the bun might be called for….
- White Chili (9 points) Sounds SO good, good thing that JAR of alfredo sauce is split between the 12 portions!
- Sausage Risotto with Spinach & Tomatoes — can’t find my actual recipe but this one is similar (15 points -yipes!)
- Salmon Cakes — had these before and they were a huge hit. They’re hearty enough to just have with a salad (11 pts)
- Turkey Pot Pie — Family LOVED this a few months ago, bringing it back for an encore presentation. (6 points, but it’s so good, and needs nothing with it I’ll probably have 2 servings, also when I make it I only use one crust for the top to save calories and I hate gummy bottom crusts)
- Mexican Casserole (as written 14 points, I may shave a couple off using some low fat cheese within the casserole — I HATE low fat cheese on top, but within a casserole I don’t notice a difference)
5 Star Meals from Last Week:
- 3 Herb Drumsticks — really yummy, next time I think I’ll throw on some potatoes and carrots along wtih the tomatoes, all the herbs are really yummy together. Points for just the recipe as written is 5 points
- Creamy Cheese Soup — so thick and yummy. Great when you need a low-cal cheese fix. 6 points
- We have yet to have the Chicken Tamale Casserole, but we’re all excited because we love tamales… hopefully it will be on my 5 star list next week. 8 points as written.
Happy eating and finding variety in your diet!
Like This Post?
Stay in touch with Pulling Curls by signing up for our newsletter. Get JUST the information you want, sent direct to you!