All you wanted to do was pull a curl… and then watch it “boing” back up to where it was.
Imagine living with that. Day in, and day out. That’s me.
My curls have always been what made me different.
Here I am, probably about 3.
Am I the only one who has a thing for white tights and Mary Janes. Oh man, they get me EVERY time.
But, back to the hair. See that halo of curls? They always told me once I had kids they’d disappear, but they didn’t. I think they’re with me for life.
Pulling Curls is a blog about my busy life.
I’m a Nurse.
It’s a dream to share in such a special time, and know that there are SO many wonderful families out there.
I’m a Mom
Being a mom is awfully wonderful, isn’t it? It’s mostly wonderful, but I’m never one to say that it isn’t awful. There are times I want to scream and pull my hair out (also another reason why this is called pulling curls)
I had a really tough adjustment to being a mom.
It doesn’t come easily to me to give my will to little people, but I’m working on it. I’ll share MomHacks with you along the way. We all need a hand in mothering (including me!). I’m a mom to 3 and a wife to one.
I am also the creator of Family Routines that will help you get yourself together in your everyday tasks. Tens of thousands of people read the book Family Systems, and this is an extension of that book!
To a fault. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a blessing and a curse but my life is VERY organized. Sometimes I share little tidbits of the ways that helps our family. Sometimes I even share the ways it drives my family insane.
I even have a course, all about home organization!
I’m a Member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
I live it, I love it and I do live it because it has made me the happiest of anything else.
Not because I love three hours of church. However, I love Jesus Christ. He has saved me on days when no one else could.
I love helping other people and I love the example He set.
I learn a lot at church and I am always trying to be better. It’s not about perfection, it’s about trying.
Have questions — this one might answer the ones I get most often. 🙂
That’s what you’ll find here. I’m real.
Being a nurse is hard, being a mom is hard, I’m organized to a fault, being a member of the church isn’t always easy and I’m not afraid to say it. I hope you think that’s OK. I do. This isn’t about a fantasy land where you don’t mull ways to run away from your life. I do. But, I DO think that by sharing our REAL lives we can help each other.
Where can you find me?
My best readers are all on my email list. Join the tens of thousands of women who have found an easier life with Pulling Curls!
I have three courses:
Family Routines is about organizing the people in your life to help you run it efficiently.
The Organized Home: the course for families who need life a little easier and organized.
The Online Prenatal Class for Couples: THE course that hundreds trust to get them prepared, and fast!
I also have a few other products.
You can also find me on social media:
- Pinterest — Pulling Curls
- Instagram — @pulling_curls
- Facebook — The Organized Mom
- Facebook — The Pregnancy Nurse
- YouTube – Pulling Curls
- Twitter – @PullingCurls
Here’s 10 Curly Facts about Hilary
1. I love to cook, but sometimes making dinner makes me want to curl up in the fetal position and suck my thumb (I’m huge on meal planning ~ partially because it saves my bacon every day at 5 pm and partially because I LOVE looking at recipes and imagining how good the food tastes!)
3. I grew-up in Utah, and went to school down the road. I actually moved to the dorms, but could walk home if necessary. True cougar blue.
4. We find scorpions in our house. I have no idea how I’m still alive after typing that. EW.
5. I loved Downton Abby even thought I REALLY thought I’d hate it. Oh man do I love it. I am SO sad it’s over. 🙁 My new love is Call the Midwife. I’m a BBC buff.
6. I am a yeller. Just ask my mom.
7. I lost about 40 pounds at one point and I have recently gained it all back. #trying
8. I have to work on my marriage every day. Being married isn’t something that comes natural to me either. I like it. I just have to work at it. I love this post on endless amounts of love.
9. I love my husband. He left his job in the spring of 2015 and we are home together most every day. It has its own challenges, but we are a great team.
10. I blog full time. It’s our job, and we do it as a family. My 13 year old son is my video editor (and yes, he does edit my pregnancy videos — of his own will), another one sometimes does social media. All posts are written by me (except for 3 that I made exceptions for). I love this blog. It’s all me. Yes, I still work as a nurse, but I do consider blogging my main job.
Wondering why it’s called Pulling Curls? Read more here.
I’d love for you to subscribe to my newsletter (we only have spam in our pantry here at Pulling Curls)?
Thank you so much for visiting Pulling Curls. Be sure to check out my most popular posts. They’re a fun way to see what I’m all about!
Other places you’ll find me:
Recommended by MovingBabies