Until now a Kid’s Mattress isn’t something you could find…
Little bodies need something more in a mattress than the cheapest one you can get at the furniture store. They just don’t sell a kid’s mattress there. This post is going to share a new kids mattress system — 5 Little Monkeys, with a review and coupon code to get you started with your own!
I must admit, with our mattresses we bought, I just got the ones the furniture guy said to get. Adult mattresses — not kids mattresses.
We spent a lot of time shaking bunk beds — making sure they wouldn’t tumble down on our boys.
But, the mattress. We just threw those in.
There’s something new in kids mattresses and that’s 5 Little Monkeys Beds >> and I even have a 5 Little Monkeys Beds coupon code, so STAY TUNED.
Full disclosure — I was gven a 5 Little Monkeys Mattress to try out and see what I thought. There was no stipulation I write a post or whatever — but we LOVE it — so I wanted to share it. 🙂
How to choose a mattress for a child
There are just a few easy steps:
- Decide what size you want.
- Go to the store, have them test them out.
- Be miserable.
- Cry a little because you have NO FREAKING CLUE!
- Trust the slimy salesman and then buy whatever he says.
The reality is that there aren’t a ton of options out there — and there really aren’t any options when it comes to kids mattresses in general. If you google it, you mostly find Ikea. Which — wasn’t what I wanted to aim for.
That’s where 5 Little Monkey Beds steps in:
What makes 5 little monkeys beds so great?
Created for kids, but still amazing when your mother in law comes to visit.
5 Little Monkey beds come in a twin or full sizes and I think you’ll absolutely love them!
- The first layer is a comfort layer which cradles their body in the right places.
- That layer also has temperature regulating technology. Kids start sleep hot and then cool down later in the night so this will mitigate that.
- The next layer is a “quick responsive memory foam” meaning it doesn’t just “sink in” when you sit on it.
- Growing bodies are still developing muscle and tissue require more support — and that 2nd layer provides that.
- The bottom layer is a super durable foam helping provide longevity.
What’s not included?
- Bad stuff. Have you ever read about all the crap they put in/on mattresses? Yeah. Breath that in for 18 years, sweetheart. Ew.
How else is it for kids?
- Comes in a fun box — kids will know it’s just for them!
- Even includes an adorable monkey to help them make the transition to a new bed.
- The pillow is fit just for kids — no more torticollis from giant pillows (kids sometimes wake up with CRAZY stiff necks beause their pillows are too big – -and this pillow is PERFECT — still fluffy, but not fat)
- A freakishly waterproof mattress protector. Because, well — you’re gonna need it. 🙂
- It comes with a 100-night sleep test. That means you can test it out — if your kid hates it — return it (after laying on my son’s I am pretty sure that won’t happen).
- Plus it has a 15-year warranty for the foam and not having any deep contouring. Pretty great!
- Courtney and Jason (who I met at ABC) said that they haven’t had a single return and they’ve had SO many emails saying this helped their kids sleeping problems.
You might be turned off by the price tag — but you’ve gotta remember a 5 little monkeys bed comes with:
- The amazing mattress
- The protector (a great protector can run you close to $50 at the store)
- The pillow (a great pillow — and we know the better the pillow, the higher the cost — plus it’s hard to find a flat, but fluffy pillow — believe me, after one time of torticollis I looked)
- Delivery (the box comes with hand-holds, so it’s really easy to move)
- The adorable stuffed monkey. 🙂
All of that for $495
BUT WAIT, there’s more…
5 Little Monkeys Bed Coupon Code
As a reader of Pulling Curls — I negotiated a sweet deal. Use code CURLS25 to get $25 off — that makes it just $470 — a sweet deal.
PLUS, no crying at the mattress store. 🙂
Here’s a little bit about our story and why a 5 Little Monkeys Mattress was such a great choice!
Click here to learn more about one — and try one!
Don't get caught Off-Guard
Next time your kid runs into a bully, give them the tools they need to help them carry on. 🙂