I have been putting off packing my bags for the hospital. Wait, make that bag. I’ve had patients with 3 or 4 bags. I have one, a rolling suitcase — and then I’ll have the diaper bag packed the baby’s things for Drew to bring when he comes to get me.
So, what do you put in your bag? I must admit when people ask me I say there are 3 necessities:
1. Lip Balm
2. Scrunchie or appropriate hair clip to keep your hair up, out of the way and most importantly out of the anesthesiologist’s way when he’s taping your back-up (because, believe me you want the least amount of hair involved in that process)
3. Socks you are OK throwing away.
Of course, all of those 3 things are for labor. Other necessities can include gum (mostly for your partner, because they’re gonna be in your face), lotion (hospitals are SO drying) a bathrobe (so much nicer if you decide to walk) and slippers (because the floors in the hospital are gross. Period. As a side note, never bring your crawling baby to the hospital and let them crawl around. I want to die when I see it. I mean, we have great housekeepers, but they’re not miracle workers…
Now, I’m trying to figure everything else out.
- Do I bring contacts? No.
- Do I bring make-up? Yes, I’m just bringing eyeliner, mascara and lip gloss though
- Oh crap, the sibling presents… they are now wrapped… which was painful. I know, it’s a sad way to start the relationship — but it sure puts it on the right foot right away, and it gives the kids something else to look at if they’re not enthralled with the baby.
- What camera to bring? Most likely all of them.
Yipes. Just too much to think about. I’d get anxious, except having a baby in your lungs makes you feel anxious all the time…
I do get anxious thinking about the kids, them getting left while I do the deed, them coming to the hospital, how it’s all gonna work out. I think that was my least-expected, but hardest part about having Spencer. I BAWLED when I left Conner. To think that my choice changes his life for good it was just too tragic for me. that, and the fact I was having contractions every 2 minutes. Oh, and that he’d just thrown-up.
So, what do you bring to the hospital? I have some magazines and a few movies… I don’t plan on being in labor that long. I have a lot of plans, you know._______________________________________________________________________
Thanks for visiting pulling curls. Please consider subscribing to my newsletter, circle up on g+, following me on Pinterest or liking me on Facebook.
Something Else That Might Interest You: