Somehow, I still have a lot of dinners left on my menu plan.
AND, it’s so hot right now (casserole in the oven, feeding the missionaries) I’m considering just having PB&J all week.
Do you have any favorite summer dishes?
I could use one about now….
Ahh, back on track after Halloween. Doesn’t it feel nice?
Pasta: Beefy Noodles with Sour Cream Sauce (Desperation Dinners is a serious go-to for me, I love their recipes, and many of my best friends have gotten this recipe book from me)
Chicken: Chicken and Apples with Djon Cream (I have some green apples to use-up, my recipe is from the sister book to Desperation Dinners — Good, Cheap Fast — never tried this before. I hope it’s good). Here’s a similar one.
Casserole: Broccoli Pie — I’ve made this for years, great way to sneak broccoli into the diet.
Soup: Italian Sausage Soup
Easy: Potato Bar
Other: Crab dip (found crab on sale a couple of weeks ago, craving this dish we usually only have for new years… but why not have it for dinner with a salad?)
In other news I made these cookies from my cousin’s blog. Actually, Conner made them with only a little help from me. He did a pretty good job. I couldn’t ever find the spice cake mix, until recently — and then I waited for it to go on sale, which happened just this past week (I used Duncan Hines, and their cake mixes are 99 cents through Tuesday).
Welcome back to reality. I seem to have a lot of leftovers in my fridge, so I’m trying to use those up.
- Mexican: BBQ Pork Tacos (I have leftover BBQ pork, I think I’ll add some refried beans from the cannary and boil them all together)
- Salad: Asian Ramen/Chicken Salad (does anyone have a great recipe for this? It seems like I had one where I saute the noodles — ramen’s 10 for a dollar at Savemart through tomorrow, I had iceburg lettuce, ramen and leftover chicken all in my fridge — I did find this one)
- Pasta: Tuna Casserole
- Kids: Pizzas (either homemade or french bread, depending on my will to live)
- Chicken: BBQ Chicken (marinate in BBQ sauce or something else)
- Other: Pork Chops, Baja Black Bean Burritos (recipe from Becky, it’s delish), and casserole from the freezer.
Last week I really over-did it when it came to dinners. I was really hurting by the time I was done, so this week is all about simplicity.
- Mexican: Sausage Tacos
- Pasta: Spaghetti
- Kids Pork and Beans Casserole (we’ve had this before, but I think I will use cheddar instead of moz.) BTW — kids love this stuff!
- Sandwiches: Roast Beef sandwich
- Chicken: Marinate it in something and grill it
- Other: Chili chips and cheese
In other news I ate too many cinnamon rolls yesterday. The whole glucose intolerance thing is rearing its very ugly head today.
Well, if I had ANYTHING on my to-do list, it was to get out my kidney stone. And I DID it (but not until 7 pm tonight)! It was about 6 mm — and seems like it’s bigger then my first one (much bigger then the last one). Although, according to my blog — that one was also 6 mm. Anyway, the lesson I have learned is that when I feel the pain, I just need to stop — take my medicine, and drink, and drink, and drink. I think if I’d done that yesterday (which would’ve meant skipping church) I wouldn’t have had all the issues. Sometimes you need to know when to pull back.
But, without further adieu, I just planned this week’s menu:
- Mexican: Mexican Lasagna (saw this today as I was laying on my bed, looked fresh and yummy)
- Pasta: Sausage cream tomato sauce pasta
- Kids: French bread pizza
- Soup: Southwestern Chicken and White Bean Soup (using dried white beans)
- Chicken: Paprika Chicken and Asparagus
- Other: Oven fried chicken with some assorted side
Tonight we had take-out pizza. Drew did a great job filling in but he was done by dinner time. Who really can blame him?