Back at the menu grind, what a surprise! Here’s what’s up for the week:
- Chicken Florentine (recipe has 83 points total, I think normally I’ll make this, and freeze half of it making 10 points) Magelby’s rolls for dinner (feeding missionaries — take your base point value for the roll, and this adds 1 point onto it, but they’re so yummy I don’t add butter when I eat it like this)
- Asparagus Egg Drop Soup (I think this is making it’s third showing on my blog, so it’s obviously not something people are super jazzed about… but it is quick and easy — 4.5 points)
- Pollock Montreal (again, back from last week, I think I over-picked last week — 7 points for just this item, and I will obvioulsy need to add a side item)
- Corn and Cheese Enchiladas (if you point out their nutritional values, it’s 10 points, but I pointed out the recipe using all the ingredients I’ll be using and it came to 13… booo….)
- Blue Cheese Stuffed Chicken with buffalo sauce holy yummy (9 points)
Five star recipe from last week
- Chickpeas with Broccoli Rabe and Bacon SO good. I think next time I’ll drain some bacon grease, as I’m pretty sure that ups it out of “light” — everyone gave it “millions” of stars.
- Also, on 10 minute dinners with that Melissa D’arabian she showed making bread crumbs. She took old bread, whizzed it in her food processor, toasted it in a pan and then added the butter. We tried that on our mac n’ cheese yesterday and OMG… it’s SO much better than just melting the butter and throwing in the bread crumbs. It’s worth the extra time.
How all your culinary dreams come true this week!