- Cut potatoes lengthwise, and then slice fairly thin-ly
- Grate some swiss cheese
- Grease muffin tin
- Put potatoes in tin to fill 1/3
- Put tiny handfuls of swiss on top of potatoes
- Put more potatoes on (up to about full)
- More tiny handfulls of swiss
- put a tiny pat of butter on (I think I used a tablespoon for the entire pan -- just cut it really thin, 3 times and then broke each of those slices into 4 and put them on top.
- Salt, pepper to taste
- I added some freshly grated nutmeg, because I am fancy
- Pour about a Tablespoon of cream on top of that
I would say at around 400 degrees for about 1/2 an hour, possibly less (you could broil the last few minutes if you wanted the top browned).
SO yummy, just like regular potatoes au gratin but when they're in those tiny tins it seems like you eat less. Plus, because it's like that Conner helped out and really enjoyed it. I cut the potatoes, shredded the cheese and then I did the butter and cream (although, Conner could do the cream, it was just faster for me to do it).
I'm thinking of doing it next with zuchini, mozerella and spaghetti sauce.
you could also do sweet potatoes and brown sugar....
the ideas are endless.
I also did the whole first day thing, Spencer had a playdate after school, I cleaned out the fridge, cleaned the kitchen, swept, mopped, made cookies, made feta and bacon stuffed chicken and the au gratin potatoes. Thank you academy, I'm ready for my award.
I still have the giant packet from the school to fill out.