As if pregnancy isn’t scary enough, it can be fun (and hard) to find a costume for the pregnant mammas. Here are some of my favorite costumes for pregnant women:
Halloween Costumes for Pregnant Women
Of course, I don’t have any suggestions of my own. By the time I had my act together to do family costumes, the year I was pregnant — I went as Calvin and Hobbes mom…. not a far fetch.
Being pregnant takes a lot of zest out of you — so be sure to be realistic about what you want to pull off. We’ll start with some easy ones:
Easy Pregnancy Halloween Costumes
Etsy is a treasure trove of costumes you can either buy or recreate.
- Magic 8 ball is cute!
- I love this couples option
- This shirt you can even recreate with some glue dots and construction paper.
- This one has a superhero theme. 🙂
- This one‘s cute too
Costumes to hide your pregnant belly
If you’re not ready to announce yet — it can be hard to find a costume that doesn’t accentuate that — I thought of a few:
This Unicorn snuggie is certainly roomy….
I also think these queen options would work as they are meant to be high waisted (and you ARE the queen)
IT might be fun to GO as a pregnant woman…. that’s an option too. Then, when you announce, it will be EXTRA funny. 🙂
Favorite Halloween Pregnancy Costumes
I love this one — it also seems very comfy. 🙂
Unicorn snuggie — plus, who doesn’t want a unicorn snuggie? This one also says it’s really lightweight, so that’s a plus.
I think it’s funny when they go as a mummy….
Bun in the oven is a cute one!
Go as Queen Amidala — gestating your little vader.
Chelsea from Life with my Littles has a super cute Bubble Gum Halloween Costume one that isn’t hard to make.
She also has an awesome pregnancy costume round-up with tons more ideas!
Tips to enjoying Halloween while pregnant
It’s important to keep a few things in mind at Halloween:
- Make sure your costume isn’t too restrictive or too hot. You’ll just be extra miserable.
- Make sure you still drink plenty of water.
- Sit down as needed, don’t spend the whole night on your feet.
- Make sure you balance sweets with protein. While you might not be diabetic, extra sweets can have a bigger swing on your blood sugar than when you’re not pregnant, so be thoughtful of what is going in your mouth.
Either way, you’ll only be pregnant a few times in your life (you hope) so hopefully, this post gave you some ideas on how to accentuate you bump this Halloween season!
If you liked this post — be sure to sign up for my pregnancy newsletter, and check out my other Halloween costume ideas below that!