Do you sometimes look at your grout and just feel like it is ONE more thing in your plate for you to do? WRONG! Sure I make homemade grout cleaner, but I made even more than that!
Looking for a recipe for a Homemade Grout cleaner?
Check this out!
Homemade Grout Cleaner
Your very best grout cleaner, might not be someone you thought to look for — but if you’re a mom for more than 3 or 4 years, you’ve got my #1 tool — KIDS!
Grout cleaning was MADE for kids:
- It’s close to the ground ~ they’re close to the ground
- It takes some energy to scrub it ~ they have a lot of energy
- It’s not ALL That important that it’s done perfectly ~ they have a penchant to do things less than perfect.
Seriously, it’s a match made in heaven.
Here’s how we clean our grout (which we have a lot of, and I do love our cool tile floors):
- I use a spray bottle filled with grout cleaner. This is NOT what I use to clean my floors normally.
- I have a scrub brush that has a small head that is perfect to get in the crevice, these from Oxo are great for grout!
- I use a microfiber cloth to wipe it off once it’s scrubbed – love these!
That’s it. It’s not rocket science, which is a shame… because I’m pretty sure my kids would be MORE interested in rocket science.
Great times for kids to clean the grout:
- As an extra job when they’re out on break/summer
- When they’ve fought, it’s a good way to get out agression
- When they have a will to earn extra money, and you have a spot that needs doing
- Anytime they’re driving you insane!
So in reality, almost any time is a good time to hand them the spray, scrub brush and cloth.
Woot-woot, let’s give it up for birthing our own grout cleaners! 🙂
If you liked this post, you might be interested in my children’s daily task checklist:
Check out all my cleaning posts![pt_view id=”93e22895b7″]