All you wanted to do was pull a curl… and then watch it “boing” back up to where it was.
Imagine living with that. Day in, and day out. The horror.
My curls have always been what made me different.
Here I am, probably about 3.
Am I the only one who has a thing for white tights and Mary Janes. Oh man, they get me EVERY time. But, back to the hair. See that halo of curls? They always told me once I had kids they’d disappear, but they didn’t. I think they’re with me for life.
Pulling Curls is a blog about me.
I’m a Nurse.
I went to nursing school and graduated. I worked in several areas before settling into labor and delivery. I love it. I only work part time (which is probably part of why I love it so). It’s a dream to share in such a special time, and know that there are SO many wonderful families out there. Sometimes I answer health questions…. I also have my very own online prenatal class.
I’m a Mom
Being a mom is awfully wonderful, isn’t it? It’s mostly wonderful, but I’m never one to say that it isn’t awful. There are times I want to scream and pull my hair out (also another reason why this is called pulling curls) I had a really tough adjutsment to being a mom. It doesn’t come easy to me to give my will to little people, but I’m working on it. I’ll share MomHacks with you along the way. We all need a hand in mothering (including me!).
To a fault. Don’t get me wrong, it’s a blessing and a curse but my life is VERY organized. Sometimes I share little tidbits of the ways that helps our family. Sometimes I even share the ways it drives my family insane.
I’m a Mormon
I live it, I love it and I do live it because it has made me the most happy of anything else. I love Jesus, I love helping other people and I love the example He set. I learn a lot at church and I am always trying to be better. It’s not about perfection, it’s about trying. Have questions — this one might answer the ones I get most often. 🙂
That’s what you’ll find here. I’m real. Being a nurse is hard, being a mom is hard, I’m organized to a fault, being Mormon isn’t always easy and I’m not afraid to say it. I hope you think that’s OK. I do. This isn’t about fantasy land where you don’t mull ways to run away from your life. I do. But, I DO think that by sharing our REAL lives we can help each other.
Here’s 10 Curly Facts about Hilary
1. I love to cook, but sometimes making dinner makes me want to curl up in the fetal position and suck my thumb (I’m huge on meal planning ~ partially because it saves my bacon every day at 5 pm and partially becuase I LOVE looking at recipes and imagining how good the food tastes!)
3. I grew-up in Utah, and went to school down the road. I actually moved to the dorms, but could walk home if necessary. True blue.
4. We find scorpions in our house. I have no idea how I’m still alive after typing that. EW.
5. I love Downton Abby even thought I REALLY thought I’d hate it. Oh man do I love it. I am SO sad it’s over. 🙁
6. I am a yeller. Just ask my mom.
7. I lost about 40 pounds at one point and I have recently gained it all back. #trying
8. I have to work on my marriage every day. Being married isn’t something that comes natural to me. I like it. I just have to work at it. I love this post on endless amounts of love.
9. I love my husband. He left his job in the spring of 2015 and we are home together most every day. Good thing we have an office that someone can hide in. 🙂
10. I love my friends so much. They keep me breathing. I don’t know what I’d do without them, and I know God has put each and every one of them in my life for a reason.
Wondering why it’s called Pulling Curls? Read more here.
I’d love for you to subscribe to my newsletter (we only have spam in our pantry here at Pulling Curls)?
Thank you so much for visiting Pulling Curls. Be sure to check out my most popular posts. They’re a fun way to see what I’m all about!
Other places you’ll find me: