Using soap for a restless leg syndrome remedy sounds crazy — but it might just work.
Have you seen those commercials about restless legs — maybe you even have it? It is obvious that the pharmaceutical industry has taken hold of this distressing syndrome and sees dollar signs. BUT, I have heard that the possible side effects could be FAR worse than restless legs. Soap for restless leg is an easy remedy that YOU can try today!
My mom was reading up on it on the internet and found that Ivory Soap could be the key to getting rid of hers.
What. the. heck?
Restless leg syndrome home remedies soap
Does it make ANY sense? no — but she happened to have a bar in her pantry. She unwrapped it (it seems like the jury’s out on if you actually need to unwrap it) and popped it between her mattress pad and her fitted sheet and somehow like dumbo with his feather, she no longer has restless leg at night.
If you are in the mood to read more:
- This one is selling their own soap, but ivory soap seemed to work for my mom!
- More positive reviews.
- This one rates a bar of soap as the top remedy.
So, I got 3 bars of Ivory Soap for my little photo shoot and I read all the ingredients — it really makes NO sense. My mom says she can’t smell it, she has it tucked in a corner so she doesn’t feel it.
She said the first couple of nights she’d be on the “verge”of getting it — but then would remember her soap and it would stop.
It looks like there’s evidence that any type of soap will work… but my mom has only tried Ivory Soap.
Some people have mentioned this didn’t help, but did find magnesium supplements or a weighted blanket did help. Check them out! Also, if leg craps are your issue, I’ve heard good things about this stuff.
Want more great health tips – don’t miss my family health tips
Find out all the juicy secrets!
Nurses always know all the best health tips to help you save time & money, don't miss a one!
It’s crazy, right? Anyone tried it? Do you think it’s Dumbo and his feather “made” him fly — or is it more? I figure spending a buck on a bar of soap (which you could even just use if this experiment went awry) might be worth a try!
ETA: A couple things from the comments:
- It seems like the cheaper the bar of soap, the better — so they say. MEANING you do NOT have to use Ivory, that’s just what my mom had used initially
- People who think that using drugs over a bar of soap are dumb. I go soap EVERY. TIME.
- SO many people saying this TOTALLY works for them. So I say try it!
- A lot of people mentioned theirs was due to vitamin deficiency — check out these cool vitamin packs from VitaFive!