These techno gifts for men will have your technological guy wearing a smile on that special occasion. Great for birthdays, Christmas or just to say you love them. Some are even under $20, so don’t let the price tag of tech gifts scare you — he will love these, even if you think they have everything!
The season of gift-giving is upon us. Friends and family are already thinking about what will be the best surprise for one another. For those who are into technology things, the price tag can sometimes be daunting, but not all tech gifts are electronic or need to be highly technical. Here are some great ideas:
** This isn’t to say that these gifts are ONLY for men, I’d love some of them — but you’ve gotta name your post something. 🙂
Technological Gifts for Men
This is part of my gift ideas for families series — if you’re looking for gift ideas you might also like:
- Gifts for 18-year-old boys (because, frankly most of them could be on here too)
- Gift Guide for the Car Lover
- The “Man’s Man” gift guide
Tech gifts for men under $25 ~ Tools & Gadgets
I always think CRAZY expensive when I think tech gifts. But, they don’t have to be. Something small and useful can be something they absolutely love! AND, it won’t break the bank like the newest iPad!
- This pen is a great idea for the crafter who always needs a measuring device, a screwdriver or level gauge. It also functions as a stylus for tablets or smartphones as well.
- For those who mod their devices, check out this toolkit. It contains tools for cleaning the dust from vents on computers, tablets and phones as well as all the tools needed to safely upgrade components to customize their devices.
- Screws and fasteners are notorious for being misplaced in the middle of a project. This magnetic wristband can help your builder keep their fasteners handy throughout their projects.
- This pen features 2 screwdrivers, phone stand, ruler, stylus and bottle opener. It would be a great addition for the DIYer who needs to reference a quick repair video and keep their hands free while working.
My friend Lydia also has a post with some other cheap gifts for men.
Bags and Apparel Gifts for Techno Guys
Sure, ladies get a bad rap on bags, but protecting your tech is super important. These bags and gear will help them do just that!
- Transporting cords and drives on vacation or other travels can be annoying. This cord and drive organizing bag can make your travels much simpler to keep all your gear with you all the time.
- This hat comes with built-in Bluetooth speakers and microphone. Great for the cold weather, particularly for hitting the slopes or sledding with the kids.
- This backpack comes with an antitheft locking device to keep your laptop or other precious belonging safe inside. It also features USB and headphone ports for charging devices and keeping your phone secure in the bag. Great for day hiking, as well.
- This Ekster wallet is awesome. I recently gave it to my computer science son and this is what he said:
The Ekster Parliament wallet is a great wallet that stands out in terms of quality and usability. It has a slim, low-profile design while still fitting all of the cards and things you would expect a wallet to hold. Its main card compartment features a button that pushes all the cards out in a stacked form, making it easy to grab the card you’re looking for. Over the past month, the stacking mechanism has not degraded at all, it still feels as good as new. The tracker one can buy with this wallet is also good, it has a solar panel which means replacement trackers won’t be an issue. The app that comes with the tracker is simple and easy to use. Overall, I think the wallet works very well for its purpose of a low-profile, modern-day wallet.
Camping gifts for the technological guy
Tech guys can still love the great outdoors AND gadgets — and there are some pretty great gifts that combine them!
- One of our family’s favorite pieces of camping gear is a hammock like this. It condenses down to a very small bag that easily fits into your backpack. It has well-designed straps that make setup easy and very comfortable.
- With the hammock you can get this hammock tent to protect you from inclement weather and still enjoy your hammock. This makes outdoor excursions very lightweight and easy to setup.
- If he still wants to be able to charge his devices while enjoying the great outdoors — don’t forget a solar charger! << The pricing on items like that have come down considerably, and I bet he will love it!
- AND if your guy would like to have a little screen time in the woods there is this tiny little projector you can download Netflix or Amazon to it and watch it in the woods. Tech and outdoorsy.
Education and Entertainment
- If you are a dad, this book has some great ideas to do with your children. What a great way to geek out together and learn about technology. And, if you’re looking for family techno gifts — check out my techno tween gift guide!
- Amazon Prime is a great tech gift. Our family enjoys the video and music that is available for streaming, including original content that is only available on Amazon, such as The Grand Tour. You can even get it free for 30 days!
- A Scribd subscription is another great gift idea for the techie in your life. They have so much content available to make traveling or commuting much more enjoyable and productive. You can even get it free for 60 days!
- We love Loony Lab’s Pyramid Arcade. It has a TON of games that really use logic and strategy in ways I don’t see often in other games. The price point is a bit high for a game, but with ALL The games you can play, it’s pretty awesome! Looking for a lower price tag, check out Flux. Also VERY fun!
Hopefully, these ideas will be a guide to you as you shop this season.
If you’re still on the hunt — check out the rest of my gift guides: