I have a serious goal of getting on track with my health this year (meaning this school year). I let it lapse last year, I think that’s easy to do in the summer and it’s time to be back on track. I think posting on my blog will help me feel good about what I’m doing. I’d love anyone’s input on what I’m doing or SHOULD be doing. Join me!
5 Things I did well:
*This post contains affiliate links, please read my disclosure here.
1. A good friend let me borrow her BodyBugg and I’ve been wearing it night and day (including church) to see how much I’m burning. I feel like it’s over-estimating. It has me over 2k every day. I have calorie counted with little success, decreasing to even 1200 calories/day without losing. I plan to wear it for a bit and see where I go from here. I’m mulling over counting calories next month….
2. I’m trying to pick foods that I like that taste good. I’m reading Cameron Diaz’s Body Book. Anyway, I actually like it (a lot more than I thought I was going to). I saw her on a late night show one night and thought I’d try it. It just puts it in simple terms. Are there healthy foods you enjoy eating? Eat them. Stop eating crap. This has been a lot of avocados, for me. Has anyone else read this book?
3. I worked out 4 times last week. One of them being yard work… but I thought it was lame that I drool over getting a gardener if I’m working out, I might as well do the heavy lifting/squatting. Maybe my garden will even make a comeback!
4. I’m really trying to focus on the fitness and just feeling good about myself. I have time to make this work. I can do it.
5. I have a little health journal I jot a few lines in every night. It’s helped me reflect on what I’m doing well, and the things I’m not doing so well.
5 things I need to work on:
1. I like a bit of sugar after a meal. I’m trying to make that be a couple grapes, but sometimes it’s not.
2. I have somehow had access to 2 Nothing Bundt Cakes in the last week. I love those things. What would Cameron say?
3. I sit too much, especially with this blog. I need to get up and take the stairs every few minutes.
4. I could work out harder. My core is HORRIBLE. I know this, and I’m working on it but it’s an uphill battle for me since I had P. I know it was part of my tailbone woes. I’m just not sure how to fix it….
5. I make bad choices after work. I don’t get home until 8, and sometimes I’m starving and I go overboard. I need to figure out what to do when that’s happening. I don’t want to go to bed starving, but I also don’t want to eat something I’ll regret. My current next plan is to do a spoonful of peanut butter.
So, that’s the good and the bad this week. See things I could work on?