Keeping a busy household clean seems just as easy as cleaning up after nuclear war sometimes.
So much food, so much stuff — and let’s not even talk about crafts.
Sidenote: My son gave my daughter glitter glue for Christmas. Yup, he’s out of the will.
It can just seem SUPER overwhelming.
Plus, I have a serious disorder that I LOVE clean surfaces.
SO, today I want to share 3 handy things to keep around that make cleaning up WAY easier.
And, I’m not talking a robot vacuum here- – I’m talking about SUPER simple things (a lot of these can be bought very cheaply at a big box store, or sometimes even the dollar store — but I have Amazon links to products that look awesome):
Nubby Duster Glove
It is seriously one of my most favorite things (and not JUST because it’s a hedgehog).
- I keep it where I am at a lot of the time — that allows me to clean up when I’m on the phone or waiting for something to load — I’m not spending “extra” time cleaning — I’m able to clean up right where I’m at most frequently.
- The nubby fingers make dusting SO easy. I love how well it dusts.
- Because the nubby fingers hold on to dust so well, I can just throw it back in my desk drawer and go on with my day — it’s not like I have to wash it every time I use it or worry about it getting dust all over my drawer.
Here’s my actual adorable duster. 🙂
A small dustpan
A great dustpan can be SO helpful.
So often I try to clean up stuff with my hand — think it will save time — but a small dustpan was truly the best tool to use for the job.
I have a super small one I keep under the sink (this one is most often used on the counters) and then a larger one with a bigger hand broom that I keep in my laundry room (which is right off my kitchen) on a hook (this makes it easy to take out AND put away.
Now, I don’t use these as a dishrag (I wish I could find an awesome dishrag — if you have one, put it in the comments), but I DO use them for almost everything else.
The reason I love them (and yes, I have a full post about microfiber cloths):
- They grab dust SO well — so often the areas I’ve been cleaning up have dust or small debris, and the microfiber cloth holds onto that
- They also CLEAN really well. A small spritz of a countertop cleaner and they wipe up awesomely! They’re plush so they get every millimeter of the surface.
That means less time cleaning, and not having to clean up my floors TOO because crumbs/dust are left on the cloth.
Anyway — the reason I wrote this post is to a) Share a few handy ways I’ve found to clean up and b) Encourage you to think of low-tech ways to fix problem areas in your house.
For us, it’s spills and just general clean up.
For you, it might be something different — but I bet there’s a low-cost product that you could keep handy to help in just such a situation. 🙂
If you liked this post, be sure to download my weekly cleaning schedule and check out my other cleaning tips below that:
GET MY FREE WEEKLY CLEANING SCHEDULE & NEWSLETTER
It's all gonna get clean -- this schedule will automate your cleaning processes, and take one more thing off your plate ~ all part of my household tips newsletter
This also gives your consent to also recieve my newsletters with new or relevent posts ~ unsubscribe/adjust at any time.