I have a big birthday at the end of this week. A birthday that ends in a zero. It’s made me have a bit of introspection. I am already hanging with the “kids in high school” crowd, so I’ve felt 40 for a few years, but now I really am. I slowly remembered something I did at 29 — way back here (seriously, my blog is so old — also, I used to be an AMAZING scrapbooker!). I thought it might be fun to answer those questions again, 10 years later:
1. First name? Hilary
2. Were you named after anyone? No
3. Do you wish on stars? I have started to. I remember after Drew left his job I looked up at the sky pretty frequently asking God to please, please, please fix it.
4. When did you last cry? I actually watched a little video trying to find the blog post I did this on inititally. It’s of Conner singing in his Kindergarten Mother’s Day tea. You can see it here.
5. Do you like your handwriting? Yes, sometimes when I write stuff at work, I ask people to gather around and look at how amazing I am. #truestory
6. What is your favorite lunch meat? Umm… ham? I don’t do sandwiches very frequently. What is it about sandwiches that SOMEONE ELSE makes that makes them taste SO much better?
7. What is your birth date? May 19, 19-figure-it-out-yourself-i-don’t-want-to-make-this-too-easy
8. What is your most embarrassing CD? And, suddenly we notice this was created in 2005. 🙂 Umm… I’d say my most embarassing file. Well, I don’t have one. I guess maybe my cougar marching band ones, even though I LOVE listening to them. Always get me in the groove to work. 🙂
9. If you were another person, would YOU be friends with you? Holy crap I would, I put the F-U in fun. 🙂
10 Do you have a journal? Uh, YEAH — huge fan (read more about my journals here)
11. Do you use sarcasm a lot? Umm… YEAH (this was my answer 10 years ago — and still my answer today).
12. What are your nicknames? At work my friend calls me Hill-Bill, but I would say I’ve veered from nicknames as of lately. Although, some people call me Pulling Curls. 🙂
13. Would you bungee jump? That’s a no.
14. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off? Not unless humanly impossible to do otherwise. I wish I did, but I don’t.
15. Do you think that you are strong? Depends on how you mean it. Actual brute strength, no. Strong in otherwise, I’d say yes. It’s been a tough year. I’m proud to still be positive and married. 🙂
16. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? I still love Cold Stone cake batter, but lately I’ve had a lot for Ben and Jerry’s The Tonight Dough. Yum.
17. Shoe Size? 8
18. Red or pink? Funny, I said red last time, but I have a fondness for pink after Dressing Your truth…
19. What is your least favorite thing about yourself? I have a really hard time letting go of things. My mind has to take each problem and mull it over like a rock tumbler, when in reality about 90% of those rocks need to go back in the pile. Not something that’s my issue.
20. Who do you miss most? I miss the friend group I had in California. But, it’s not there anymore. I don’t know if I knew how lucky I was back then…
21 Your favorite TV show? Umm…. I am not sure I have one. I love Jane the Virgin, and I just realized I missed the end of the Good Wife. I’ve followed that a long time. Paige and I adore When Calls the Heart. OH, wait — Downton Abby, and Call the Midwife are HUGE favorites as well. 🙂
22. What color pants and shoes are you wearing? Blue jeans, green shoes.
23. What are you listening to right now? Silence. Feel the public-school joy.
24. Last thing you ate? 2 cookies for my mid-morning snack.
25. If you were a crayon, what color would you be? I guess yellow… although it’s not my favorite.
26. What is the weather like right now? Beautiful blue skies and sunshine. Already too hot.
27. Last person you talked to on the phone? I think my mom?
28. The first thing you notice about the opposite sex? If they’re funny (same answer, 10 years later)
29. Favorite article of clothing: I guess a good pair of pants, or a shirt that covers my butt nicely. 🙂
30. Favorite Drink? Water
31. Favorite Sport? Blogging (?)
32. Hair Color? Brown
33. Eye Color? Blue
34. Do you wear contacts? Yup, glasses at work.
35. Favorite Food? Cheesy bread with marinara to dip in.
36. Last Movie You Watched? Umm…. maybe Inside Out?
38. Scary Movies Or Happy Endings? SO happy endings, I HATE scary movies!!! (2016 — when I read the question I literally thought “so happy endings!”)
39. Summer Or Winter? Winter all the way — says the girl in Arizona. Summer sucks here.
40. Hugs OR Kisses? I’d say kisses. I don’t feel very comfortable hugging a lot of people, but I do love kissing my honey. 🙂
41. What Is Your Favorite Dessert? Under-cooked cookie with ice cream and chocolate sauce (cookie still warm, please).
42. Your Favorite Restaurant? Of the ones we live close enough to, I’d say Oregano’s — in 2015 I answered La Fondue, and I sure do miss that place!
43. Favorite store: Goodwill (haha, I answered Target 10 years ago, now I hardly go there).
44. Living arrangements? Married, 3 kids — we live in a home. 🙂
45. What Books Are You Reading? Remembering Wholeness is always on my night stand. I am also slowly making my way through the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle books.
46. What’s On Your Mouse Pad? Picture of our family when P was about 5 months old.
47. What Did You Watch Last night on TV? Jimmy Kimmel on Hulu.
48. Favorite Smells? Cheesy, garlicky food.
49. Favorite Sounds? Kids laughing in a fun way (not too loud, please). 🙂
50. Rolling Stones or Beatles? Beatles (all the way)
51. What’s the furthest you’ve been from home? I think it’s still Washington DC. I have done Canada…. does Canada sound farther?
52. Do you have a special talent? I do play the flute, but I think checking cervixes is my actual talent as of late.
53 What is your ring tone? I never change mine. Whatever the regular Samsung one is.
Questions answered May 10, 2016
Want to know more about Hilary — check out my About Me page.