Uh, church wasn’t fun. I’m not sure I’d adequately prepared myself for the fact I would have NO, nada, zero, zilch, friends. I mean, I am SO used to being able to sit in relief society and making snarky comments.
People are super nice, the bishop is really nice and came up several times to see how we’re doing. People have heard we were coming, and excited that we’re in the ward. The ward has a lot of young families, but compared to our previous GIGANTIC ward it’s really quite small. I honestly thing that’s a good thing. Our other ward tended to swallow people…. it was so darn big. However, you always had a large friend base to pick between.
I had one person get up to bear their testimony that reminded me of my BFF Lara… and I felt better after that. Not sure what it was… just that she did remind me of her.
Fast forward to relief society. Me, sitting alone. Thinking of all the time I’d see Maryanne slide over to sit by someone new, or me making a conscious effort to sit next to the new people… wondering if I was bothering them by sitting next to them…. We sang I Am a Child of God, and the tears unwillingly came out of my eyes. Just felt like I was alone in life… which, I am. 🙂 Except for these 4 people that share this house with me. I was just praying that no one saw me wiping the tears off my cheeks. Not really “me” — I mean, how many of you guys have seen me cry? Ok, maybe a few as of late.
ANYWAY… the ward is really nice and I’m sure we’ll get into the swing of things in no time. Just hard today. Just a big reminder that we’re new here. As if the 5 million boxes in my basement weren’t enough.
In other news….
- Drew dropped our TV that was in our room. Was it to get a flatscreen, you be the judge. 🙂
- I just joined Deals to Meals. I am needing to stock up on stuff and do it cheaply but also not spend time scouring ads. For just 4.99/month I can have them do it. I figure I’ll do it a couple of months and then I’ll be ready to do it on my own. And by then I’ll be fairly stocked.
- I could have napped for 12 hours this afternoon. If my family didn’t find me a necessity.
- I LOVE the playroom in the basement. Seriously, this house is great. I kind of wish it had a door on it though. Does that make me a bad mom?
- Bought new dishes, just a regular set of corelle… nothing fancy but I really like them. I do think they get cleaner… or it could be my brand new dishwasher and hard water softener. 🙂
- So far we’ve unpacked the kitchen, living room and most of our room. I think we would like to get a bookshelf for our room. Maybe just a tall skinny one. We did an ikea trip the other day and got an armoir that just fits in our weird nook. Hope to get pictures up soon.
Really, I’m doing fine. Just had a moment at church today. I’m a big girl, with big girl panties on. 🙂