The harsh reality is that a pregnancy test is the most accurate — but if you’re looking to know if you’re pregnant — take my MOST accurate am I pregnant quiz to find out. And then go buy a home pregnancy test, because that’s the best. 🙂
Labor Nurse Online Am I Pregnant Quiz
- Too early to take a test (you should at least be close to the day your period was due, or at least 3-4 weeks since your last period to take a urine test, otherwise it’s just too early!
- They are embarrassed to get them at the store (but I can promise you the cashier won’t remember you)
- They don’t have the cash for them — and if that’s the case, there are a lot of free pregnancy clinics like Planned Parenthood — you can google where to get a pregnancy test and it should show you local results!
Most Accurate Am I Pregnant Quiz:
Keep in mind this is based entirely of timing and symptoms. So, even if your chance is 100% — you may not be pregnant. A home pregnancy test is 100% the best plan at this point. I recommend the ones at the dollar store or these online pregnancy tests (they’re available online, you don’t TAKE them online).
And might I also recommend taking a pregnancy test — a real one that actually measures the hormones in your blood/urine. It’s the only true standard, and you MUST confirm the results!
If you ARE pregnant it is SUPER important that you receive appropriate prenatal care, so be sure to talk to your healthcare provider.
Early Pregnancy Symptoms this Quiz is based on:
Missed Period is an Early Sign of Pregnancy
As I said above — your period does need to be well over 3-4 weeks ago in order to test your urine, or — frankly, to have pregnancy symptoms. Prior to that the fetus could still be implanting and so small it doesn’t make body changes.
Late periods can happen for a variety of reasons though — here are a few:
- Extra strenuous activity
You have to have sex in order to get pregnant
This just makes sense. Bonus point if it’s unprotected sex.
Birth control is truly meant to protect pregnancy, if you don’t use it — it is more likely, but certainly not always going to happen.
Breast Pain is a pregnancy symptom
Because of the increased blood flow to your breast tissue your breasts can hurt (sometimes quite a lot) — BUT, it can also be a sign that you’ll start your period soon.
Smelling things new/differently is a pregnancy symptom
Because of the hormones and increased blood flow, it changes how you smell things. Some smells might be extra annoying — all very normal.
Could also be because your boyfriend/husband DOES smell really bad. 🙂
Bloody noses can be a sign of pregnancy
Because of all the extra blood flow — soft tissues like the membranes in your nose can bleed more easily. I actually have a post all about bloody noses in pregnancy.
Nausea/Vomiting can be a sign of early pregnancy
Most people know this, but it can also be from the Chinese food you ate last night. If it happens daily, it can certainly be something to consider!
Light spotting can be a sign of pregnancy
When the fetus/placenta implants on your uterine wall it can cause some bleeding.
Things that aren’t particularly early signs of pregnancy:
- Mood Swings: These can happen for a variety of reasons.
- Cramping: It can also be a strong sign your period is starting, although some women do cramp quite a lot at implantation.
The most accurate pregnancy symptom:
Is a positive pregnancy test. It really is the only way.
With all that I hope the results are what YOU are hoping for. Pregnancy can be a hard 2-edged sword. People want it desperately, or not at all. If you think you ARE pregnant, you can find out your due date here.
Here are some other posts that might interest you:
- Is it OK to sleep on your stomach when you’re pregnant?
- Best pregnancy podcasts
- Why can’t I get pregnant again?
- Painful Vaginal Exams
- When will I go into labor quiz