Labor is a lot more confusing than you think it might be — but, how do you KNOW you’re going to labor. Hint: It’s not just contractions… there’s lots of parts of your body that want to get in on the show. Area’s like your GI system, back pain and more. 🙂
FYI, Hilary has been an L&D nurse since 2001, but Please note the disclosure in the podcast and please contact your personal provider for any specific issues.
This post was inspired by my Am In Labor Quiz which you can find right here: https://www.pullingcurls.com/when-will-i-go-into-labor-quiz/
Big thanks to our sponsor: The Online Prenatal Class for Couples — it can be done in less time than you think, grab it today!
In this episode:
- We’ll talk about back labor/front labor
- Also, what a contraction feels like
- GI issues can be a sign of labor (I’ll even share a tip about having a BM while you’re pushing)
- Mucus plugs (ew)
- What to do to prevent false labor
- Be SURE to keep doing Kick Counts
Other items you might find interesting:
- Learn about the Signs of labor — what to watch for (especially besides contractions!)
- Something people don’t talk about often (can’t imagine why) Changes in discharge can give you some signs!
- It sounds like you’d know — but my post on Am in labor or did I pee? is pretty popular, because they seem very similar! I have a whole post on water breaking.
- Wondering what all those numbers mean — Vaginal Exams will help you out! (has a video that explains it more!)
- False Labor — it’s like labor in sheep’s clothing
- True Labor — the real deal
- Woman giving birth in a taxi (FYI NOT PG, but not horrible)
- And, combine this all to know IF you are in labor!
- Ready to get him/her out? Learn my best ways to go into labor.
- Wondering how the Mucus Plug works? And what it means when it falls out?
Have you taken a Prenatal Class yet — and yes, I do think everyone should take a prenatal/hospital/childbirth class.
Once you’re ready — don’t forget my free hospital packing list:
Producer: Drew Erickson
Check out my other pregnancy podcasts:
Leave a Reply